Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Thank you for asking

I am doing well, thank you. I have, to date, lost 17 pounds and gained a bit of self confidence.
I walk a little taller, smile a bit more, have more of a pep to my walk. I am still following the gall stone diet - that's what I call it. Very limited to no fats, greasy foods and or cheese. And, even though it wasn't part of the problem, I eliminated diet cola from my diet as well. I drink ice tea or water.
It's odd, but I feel like I am on the right side of something. You know, like a log roller? I feel I'm actually on the log, not hanging on or falling off.
I am still doing well with the 5K training for May 22 and am on track.
Oh, don't get me wrong, it isn't all perfect. After I walk, my feet hurt till I walk again. Thanks to a great suggestion via email, I will be getting new shoes this week. I wanted to go last weekend but Easter and all that goes with it got in the way.
And, yes, eating out is hard. Went to lunch today and couldn't have my usual sausage omelet, gravy and a side of hash browns. I settled for salad bar and a cup of turkey vegetable soup. Thanks to what I know about salad bars, I successfully avoided fat traps. But that macaroni salad did look good.
You know, lately I've been making outward changes too. I wear jewelry now and sometimes makeup.
I do believe life as I know it is slowly changing and evolving. For the better.
Oh yes, and by the time this is sent out and some of you read it, I will be getting that massage and my hands dipped in parafin.
Treating yourself is nice. Very nice indeed.
Thanks for following - I really don't think I could do it alone!

weirlosingit@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment