Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Be careful what you wish for?

My mother always told me to be careful what i wish for, it might come true. I'm sure her mother told her and so on.
Ahh. Let me explain. For the last two weeks I have been praying for guidance and help to stick with a healthy eating plan. Holy cow - or should I say Holy prayer answered.
Last Tuesday I took quite ill while at lunch. This painful sickness really took hold of me and continued through Wednesday on and off and Thursday. When the pain proved to be too much to bare, my son and husband encouraged me to go the the ER and get checked. I won't draw out the suspense.
Gall Stones. Yep. If you have never had them - the pain absolutely takes your breath away.
I saw my surgeon yesterday. Depending on the results of a more thorough ultrasound, I may not need surgery.
I have however, eliminated high fat, greasy foods, soda (I thought it may have been kidney stones) and all things unhealthy. Prayer answered. I guess.
You know, I have always been the one who didn't respond so much to a subtle nudge as to a shove from behind. So, I am considering this my shove.
And, I would like to say, yes I am still focusing on May 22, 5K. With the exception of a few days, I have been walking.
Even if you aren't focusing on a 5K, get out and walk (well not so much today, today I am looking at 6" of thick wet snow.) But, get out there when the weather changes - next week I here - and walk. If you can go 5 miles, great, if you can only get around the block or to the end of your driveway, fantastic. Just, well to steal this I guess from a big shoe company who may or may not send me a cease and desist letter ( and how cool would that be?), just do it!
Thanks for the emails. I enjoy reading them and they are packed with great advise!

weirlosingit@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment