Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Hey Hey Hey it's a 5K!

So. Weight Watchers is bringing a 5K to Alpena. The Walk-It challenge is towards the end of May and I have decided beyond any last bit of sanity that I have left that I am doing it. My head is telling me no. "You're crazy! We'll never be able to do this! Feet will give out - you know how they are!" Too bad, I tell it - I may be crazy, but I'm crazy walking! My body is telling me no. "It's too cold to start!" I tell it we will warm up when we get going. My feet are telling me no. "Look, we hurt after the first 15 minutes!" I tell them I'm sorry to hear that because we are walking 18 minutes tomorrow then I tell them what my brain said about them. I think my feet are with me now. My husband is also a negative Nellie... or is that Nels... "You won't make it with that heal of yours." I will admit I have a heal spur and, well, it hurts. But darn it - I'm doing it. I don't care. I am starting my second week of training tomorrow. I have lowered my carb intake and upped my proteins and fruits and vegetables. Note: I did not eliminate carbs - I lowered them. They make me tired. This is my goal. To get to May 22 and walk a 5K. That's all I'm asking of myself right now. Get to May 22 and walk a 5K. May 22 - 5K. I can't look at the big picture - too overwhelming. I can't say - hey my next Alumni Weekend is in 6 months, I want to be 75 pounds lighter. That's too far away. But, this, this I can focus on. This is an obtainable goal. May 22 - 5K. Two months of work. Two months I can do. However, I think I'm going to need new shoes! Any suggestions on this would be appreciated! weirlosingit@gmail.com

1 comment:

  1. I d/led Couch to 5k on my iPod. It is for being able run a 5k in 8 weeks. It should work for walking too. From stroll to stride. :) (It's free too! I'm all about free stuff!)

    ReplyDelete