Wednesday, February 23, 2011

My Mother the Wii

Finally bought the Wii Fit Plus last weekend.
Got it set up with all my people coordinates - age, weight, height. How exciting!!
After I figured out how to get the thing going, I picked my Mii and put in my weight. And the computer in the game made my Mii bigger. A lesser person may have been upset - I found the humor and the truth in it.
Next, I picked a trainer, an exercise and was ready.
"Please step on the board" What manners I thought, as I stepped on.
"Oooh!" Excuse me? I got back off. And stepped back on.
"Oooh!" You are kidding me, I thought. Because this wasn't "Oooh" as in "Oooh lala!"
This was "Oooh!" as in "Oooh my aching back!" I absolutely couldn't help myself and laughed right out loud. "Ah well," I said to the game, "could have been worse, you could have said "OOMPH!"
I have to be honest, I cannot do a lot of the things yet. I fell twice off the tightrope before I moved to twists. I did fine there, but regular calisthenics are a bit boring, so I tried this bike ride around the island game. You know, that was a hoot! The faster you march in place the faster the bike goes and I had to slow down twice before my Mii simulated a wipe out!
I did try some sort of hit the number with a simulated hip movement to the back, sides and front game where you try to hit the numbers that add to 10. While I did fine side to side I could not hit a thing correctly with my backside. Which both confused and delighted me. Because there is a lot of Mii ... er... me .... back there.
At work Monday I was telling two co-workers about the "Oooh"ing. "When you gain weight it tells you," one of the said. Excuse me? "When you gain weight it says "Oh! You've put on a little weight!" The other one chimed in. "And asks where you are." What? "If you don't get on it for a while, and someone else plays, it will say 'Where is Ann? She hasn't been on in a while.'."
Nice. Nice. And now you know why I chose the title for this blog that I did.

A few people have asked why I don't have an email for comments. In the beginning, I thought it to be a little self serving. Their thought was if someone wanted to ask a question or offer advise, they may not want to do it in the comment section, so as they made their case, I decided I would give an email address at the end of each blog - which is weirlosingit@gmail.com
So, there you go - and I leave you with this - I hope you all are having as much fun exercising as I am! And again, thanks for reading this... it really does inspire me to continue!

No comments:

Post a Comment