Monday, November 1, 2010

New Shoes!

Walking just got a whole lot better. Wait. Before I tell you that, I have to tell you a story. We were, until today, a one paycheck family. (I started a new job today, but that isn't the story!) I am sure most of you know, one paycheck doesn't go far.
I had intended to buy a pair of shoes and join Weight Watchers this week. I am doing OK with the dieting save for a piece of birthday cake for my son's birthday and an occasional chip. But, because I have so much to loose, I am afraid I will get frustrated down the road. I had also planned to buy new shoes for walking. Up till three days ago, my shoes were the average white tennis shoes. Not conducive to walking.
But, as fate and bills and birthdays will have it, there wasn't enough to do either one. Sigh. Enter a bit of luck
I entered a contest that is a weekly thing on our local radio station. If you find the entry blank on the website, you can enter and maybe, just maybe, you will win a 100.00 mall wide gift certificate.
Well, I won!!! The day I entered!!!
So, it was with great joy - no kidding - great joy - that I bought a pair of LA Gear Walk and Tone shoes. My feet love me now. I am currently walking a mile, but with these shoes, plan to up that in the next week or so.
I am not an expert on exercise or that sort of thing but I will tell you this - a loaded ipod and a good pair of walking shoes will make all the difference to you!
Thanks for staying with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment