Tuesday, November 9, 2010

It's-all-about-food season!

It is that time of year. We have fallen back on the clock, frost is patched on our lawns and windshields, smoke from chimneys trickle upward. Apples dot the ground. It really is beautiful.

And we start in now with all the smells, sights and tastes that remind us of childhood perhaps, or college. Or some first - whether it be a Barbie, a kiss or baby. It's all about getting back to familiar and this time of year is really hard for me motivation and healthy eating wise. I am very happy wrapped in a blanket with a big mug of some cream based or cheese based soup watching a movie. Not moving.

I think I am going to have to get creative this year. I promised my son a more festive Christmas. I can't be eating if I'm decorating and I am thinking that if housework can be considered exercise, so can getting into the holiday spirit.

I don't much like outdoor activities in the winter - the cold hurts at my age. But I do have equipment at home.

And the soups? I think I can adjust them. A few years ago I knocked down the calorie and fat count of cheeseburger soup by going fat free and low fat with much of the ingredients and I couldn't tell a difference.

But starting with Thanksgiving and coasting through New Year's Day, I think I am going to have to do some serious work. I am trying to be hopeful. And I am hopeful for you too. I think we can do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment