Monday, November 29, 2010

Do I fail even if I try?

I will just come out with - I have had a bad couple of weeks.
I know I have to lose weight - for so many reasons. But these last few weeks have been hard. Anyone with me on that?
I'm sure it has to do with stress - I eat when I am stressed and I think I've addressed that. And I mean I eat. I come from a family of addicts - mostly alcohol and tobacco - and I've always patted myself on the back for not 'drinking' and not 'smoking'. Of course all the while I was patting myself with one hand, I was shoveling a Big Mac in my mouth with the other. It is wicked, addiction. And I may touch more on my personal demon of food in a later blog.
But currently, I have circled my proverbial wagons. In large part due to people who aren't me who care about people who are me.
I have a great friend - Rose - who gave me on my birthday something called Get Your Skinny which is NOT a meal replacement but a vitamin packed powder that you mix with water and make a pudding that you can use at snack time. My health care provider was impressed with what it did and didn't have and gave me the go ahead to use it. She (Rose) also gave me something called Personal Trainer in a Box which are cards you can use - with instruction - to exercise either at home or at the gym.
My sister in law talked me into going to Weight Watchers again. So I did sign up. I have had success with that in the past. There is a new improved plan I understand.
And - I have another group of friends that exercise at another's house three times a week and I was invited there.
In short - I have no more excuses not to saddle up again. It's all very hard and I know you all know it's very hard. We all fall on this road of better eating. We all would prefer the french fries to the baked potato, the apple pie to the apple. The stuffing to the turkey.
But - stick with me - we can get through this.

No comments:

Post a Comment