Friday, October 15, 2010

Day 7 still going

I have surprised even myself.
The feeling of needing to drop weight is still very present and not once have I thought of quiting and starting the next day again.
I have even been able to successfully eat out with friends with no guilt. Typically I would have punished myself for 'going off the diet' by staying off the diet. Funny how the mind works. But I had a sausage omelet with hash browns and the gravy on the side and NEVER felt like I was cheating. Probably because what I am following is something that is right for me. It isn't a Weight Watchers plan, though I have Progresso WW soups with the points on the side. It isn't a Slimfast plan, though I do have a shake every morning for breakfast. It's the very second thing I do. Nature comes first when you are my age. :)
It isn't all about salads, though just about every night I've had some pretty good ones that include a variety of vegetables, raisins, olives, some croutons and dressing. I have given up cheese. I don't eat a lot of meat unless it's poultry. I haven't become a vegetarian as I would still eat a nice piece of steak, but red meat isn't that healthy I guess.
My weaknesses now are not McDonald's french fries. It's dried fruit - cherries and strawberries. I probably eat more of that than I should, but it's better than the aforementioned alternative. I haven't eaten fast food it two weeks. And I have so much energy!!!
I eat an apple when I am hungry and I am sure there is someone somewhere that would tell me too much fruit is bad for you. I would disagree because I know what my choices were before.
I've been tested this week - I am a stress eater. I recognize that in myself - I don't turn to drink when i am stressed but to food. And I did very well!
Exercise has been a problem. I've only gotten in two miles walking this week - and I did do some massive cleaning and moving of things in the house. I would like to walk more. It's those times I wish i lived in town. Country roads suck to walk on.
It hasn't been easy - I am getting bored with salads so I am going to add garbanzo beans and have it for lunch instead of supper. Last night I made a Weight Watchers pasta primivera dinner and turned it upside down on my salad. It was actually pretty darn good! I am trying different things so I don't get burned out. Funny we don't get burned or bored with the things that are bad for us.
Thank you for staying with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment