Monday, June 6, 2011

Gotta go around it!

"Obstacles are those frightful things you see when you take your eyes off your goal." Henry Ford

I wish I could take credit for digging this quote up but I can't. I have a friend who posts inspirational quotes on his facebook page. He got me with this one.

How often has someone not achieved their goal because he or she saw the obstacles?

I am my own worst enemy sometimes. I can be rolling along quite well, thank you, on this overall improvement quest when I will see a stumbling block - could be small like going to a buffet for dinner or large like knowing the enormity of the task that lies ahead - and it suddenly is my undoing.

I know I am not alone.

It's hard to commit to change, to cast off what we've allowed ourselves to become comfortable with - whether it be food or drink or self pity. We really want to change, to be a better person, but we see that roadblock and it delays and even sometimes ends what we really want to do.

We have to learn to be comfortable not in who we are, but in what we can become. We have to learn to leapfrog or go around those obstacles to obtain what we want.

Everyone faces obstacles - real or not - we face them. What we need to do is face them down.

No comments:

Post a Comment