Thursday, May 19, 2011

Fish Gotta Swim Bird Gotta Fly...

Boy has to have a birthday. Sigh. My lovely grandson Jacob, who lives in Brighton, turns a big 5 next thursday. And of course, there will be a party.
This weekend. In Brighton. On Sunday. The day of the 5K. Again, sigh!
This should have been an easy one - miss the 5K. I mean, did I even need to think about it?
But, I did. I was resolute. I was walking - tell him I said hi!
Ah, but the better part of me took over.
We leave at 6 AM Sunday for a funfilled day of cake, bounce houses, sticky hands and huge smiles (void of a tooth here or there, I suppose, because he's at that age).
Did I even need to think about this?
So, Sunday, not walking. But I am keeping my ears open for another 5K - I'm sure there will be one in the future somewhere.
And, I'm still on program - little fat, little simple carbs, lots of veggies, fruit and protein.
You all have a good weekend!
I'm going to!

weirlosingit@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment